Thursday, December 3, 2009

Open Letter to Santa

Not sure what to get your favorite gardener get for Christmas? (hint hint Santa)

1. Felco Shears. This premium brand of garden shears is Swiss made and the classic Felco #2 has been made since 1949. They are a lifetime investment (well unless you've lost one of your pair like me....), as they are solidly made and can be sharpened.
2. Garden clogs. Gardening is dirty business! I am forever stumbling through the garden in flip flops or worse yet in my bare feet. It seems like a pair of these garden clogs by Hunter would come in quite handy.
3. Soothing Ointment. When you have your hands in the dirt all day, scrapes, bumps, bruises, and bites are inevitable.
Burt's Bees Res-Q ointment is my favorite remedy to have on hand.
4. Sun Hats. Redheads need head cover in the great outdoors. (And I have the sunburn pictures to prove it...) Wallaroo is my favorite brand of hats, and the string on their Ladies Explorer hat looks like it would be good for making sure you don't forget your hat when you take a break in the shade and forget to put it back on (I mean who does that anyway!)
5. Fruit fly savior? We're still getting rid of fruit flies at our house! Maybe this is related to the compost bowl which often graces our counter? These covered and filtered compost containers look pretty handy to have around the kitchen.
6. Steam Cannery. There seems to be some controversy about the steam canning method. However after waiting for our huge waterbath canner to come to boil many times while canning 36 quarts of grape juice this fall, I'm ready to give it a try, at least for the acidic foods. Steam Canner anyone?
What are you asking for this Christmas?
Amanda

1 comment:

  1. Oh Santy-Clause, I can haz? The compost container is a winner -- I know several people who have that exact one, and it works like a champ.

    ReplyDelete