Sunday, March 7, 2010

The Cheery Girls of Spring

A little cheer for those still in the depths of winter. We've enjoyed an early spring here, though our forecast is calling for a bit of a chill this coming week. I used that excuse to pick and pic a few flowers.

I know Meg Ryan told Tom Hanks that daisies are the friendliest flower but I humbly disagree. Daffodils are clearly the friendliest flower of all, welcoming us gently back to spring.


I guess if you're going to be one of the first flowers of spring you really need to be bright and bold to ensure the pollinators find you through the gloom....


This giant Camelia lives under a few fir trees on the edge of our yard and I swear it's a monster! I am not quite sure where it begins and where it ends but it does have beautiful glossy leaves and a purely Hawaiian palate in the earliest of spring. Makes me want to tuck one behind my ear and drink a Mai Tai.

Happy Sunday,

Amanda

2 comments:

  1. beautiful, all of them. we have dirty snow here. *sigh* so we really enjoy the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, the middle pic is my favorite. The flowers look like they're just hanging around, having a good time together.

    ReplyDelete